Yes, you can have a BCC field in your SharePoint Designer workflow emails. I didn’t know this until recently, and was pleasantly surprised. It’s quick and simple, so let’s get started.
Note: You can do this in both 2010 and 2013 SharePoint Designer workflows, using the exact same steps.
- Begin creating your workflow in SharePoint Designer (2010 or 2013 platform)
- Click within the step or stage to begin typing and type “email” and press enter
- Right-click the action line and click Properties
Select the action line (by clicking “Email” or to the right of “these users”), highlighting it in light blue as seen here:
and from the ribbon, select “Advanced Properties”
- Click the ellipses next to the BCC line
- A familiar dialog for selecting the recipient(s) in the BCC line appears. Find the group(s) or person(s) and add to the “selected users” column. Click OK.
That’s all there is to it. You can now select “these users” to complete the rest of the email parameters such as subject, body, etc. as you normally would.